Monday, April 12, 2010

Ken meets Barbie - A Toy Side Story

This week, Ken meets Barbie clip from Toy Story 3 was released.
Above is my four shots. When I was assigned these shots, I was incredibly nervous. I mean the title alone Ken Meets Barbie, sends a shiver of panic up my spine. Two soulmates meeting for the 1st time, and it was all entirely in my hands. Luckily alot of the hard work was already done for me. Animator Angus MacLane is the Ken lead on this film. He showed me alot of tips on how to animate him - less being more.
Also, rather then sketching or shooting reference, I used this moment from A West Side Story as inspiration.

Thanks Maria, Tony and Angus. Couldnt have done it without ya :)
if your having problems playing both videos, watch one then reload the website

6 comments:

  1. That's an awesome sequence Aaron. I love the subtle blinks when they notice each other. And I'm loving how your leading the audiences eye when they are talking to each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sequence Aaron. I bet it was such a surreal experience for you working on this movie. Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did they go back to "Dream Weaver"? Nice! Takes me back to Wayne's World! Party on, Hartline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's easily the stand-out shot of the trailer. Great job!! I like this music much more than "Take My Breath Away"!

    ReplyDelete